Inter-Competition Playoffs Tournament 2022
Qualifying teams from each division over the summer are called to compete in this one day tournament for the overall division title.
Entry is by invitation only. The top two teams from each division are invited to compete; any other entries are subject to spaces available and at the discretion of SUB Football.
There is no additional cost for competing in this special tournament.
Typically, teams will compete from 9.30am - 4.30pm.
In 2022, the tournament was held on Saturday 19th March, at Seymour Park, Royal Oak.
See the links below for fixtures, results and standings for your division from the day.
Mixed Division One
Mixed Division Two
Mens Division One
Some notes for the day:
- Games are 25 minutes each, starting on the hour and half hour.
- Teams are awarded 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, and no points for a loss. A default win is recorded as a 6-0 score.
- Pools of 4 play a round robin, with the top 2 teams from each pool advancing to semis. Pools of 5 play a round robin with the top 2 teams advancing to the final.
- If teams are equal on points at the end of pool play, the team with the highest "points differential" will advance, if still equal then the team with the highest "points for" will advance, if still equal the winner of the match between the tied teams will advance. If still equal then the team who has scored the most goals in pool play will advance; if still equal then the team who has scored the most boards in pool play will advance.
- Pool play games may end in a draw; semi-finals and finals must have a result. If a semi final is drawn, 5 minutes golden goal extra time will be played. If still tied after extra time, the winner is the first team to have scored a goal, or the first board if no goal was scored. If 0-0, winner is decided on count back to pool games or playoffs.
- If a final is drawn, 5 minutes golden goal extra time will be played. If still drawn, an alternative penalty shoot out will occur.
- Ice and first aid is available from the SUB Football marquee.